We know it can be stressful trying to find the right information online so we have gathered together links to some of the most useful health-related websites. Please let us if you find this useful, or if you think we have missed any.
THE HEALTH AND DISABILITY COMMISSIONER
The purpose of the Health and Disability Commissioner is to:
- promote and protect the rights of consumers as set out in the Code of Health and Disability Services Consumers' Rights (the Code).
- HDC is a "consumer watchdog", providing health and disability services consumers with a voice, resolving complaints, and holding providers to account for improving their practices at an individual and system-wide level.
BACK IN ACTION PHYSIOTHERAPY
- Friendly and effecient physiotherapists who get you better faster! conveniently located beside Chadwick Healthcare
COMMUNITY SERVICES CARD
- For more information about elegibility for a Community Services Card visit www.workandincome.govt.nz/individuals/a-z-benefits/community-services-card.html
INFORMATION FROM THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH
- Ministry of Health - check eligibility criteria for government funded services
INFORMATION ON LABORATORY TESTS/LAB LOCATIONS
INFORMATION AND RESOURCES ON CARDIAC HEALTH IN NEW ZEALAND
- The New Zealand Heart Foundation
INFORMATION AND RESOURCES ON DIABETES
- The Diabetes Association of New Zealand
INFORMATION AND RESOURCES ON CANCER
- Cancer New Zealand
INFORMATION AND RESOURCES ON BREAST CANCER
- New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation
INFORMATION ON WBOP PRIMARY HEALTH ORGANISATION
- Western Bay of Plenty PHO